early- to mid-stage memory care assistance
We recognize that there’s often a gap between typical assisted living and memory care. That’s why The Variel offers the Mezzanine for those experiencing early- to mid-stage memory loss. Think of the Mezzanine as an “in-between” level of specialized care. Mezzanine meets residents where they are in the memory loss journey. It includes assistance and memory support that is more than what is available at home. Yet, it is not as comprehensive as full-service memory care.
Mezzanine helps residents maintain as much independence as possible while offering support as needed. Innovative programs are designed to provide assisted living with memory care, and include activities that keep residents active, interested and involved.
Mezzanine Amenities and Services
- In-home care for those requiring assisted living and memory support but not full-service memory care
- Opportunities for couples where one is in need of memory support programming to stay together in the same apartment, enjoying activities and amenities together
- Personalized assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing and grooming
- Innovative programs with therapeutic and engaging activities specifically designed for those with memory loss
- Three nutritious meals daily, featuring fresh, local ingredients, served in the beautiful Savanna dining room
- Medical management, health maintenance and wellness programs
- Excellent staff-to-resident ratio
- Weekly housekeeping; weekly laundering of personal items and linens
- Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping and community outings
- 24-hour care staff
- Personal security response pendant service
- Emergency pull-cord notification system in residence baths